Saturday, September 12, 2009

Number 4: Flickr

Surprise! My library already has a Flickr account. Our account can be found here. Our account name is "jsyk," which is an abbreviation of our motto, "Just So You Know." If you search Flickr for "Pioneer Library System," our account will come up. I like the way they have our page organized. First you can select the year, going as far back as 2007. From there, the photos are organized into collections that are named with the branch library they're from, and the event they capture. Our library system is really great about taking photos of all our events. Some of my favorites are from our cultural festivals, especially the Hispanic Festival and the Native American Festival. Below you can see some pictures from those events.





I think Flickr is great, and I love that our library has such a significant presence on it. I think it's a great way to market the events that happen at the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment